HI! I am excited to continue to work with my current clients and of course always welcome working with new clients! So everything runs smoothly and expectations are set appropriately please read this RATE & POLICY page PRIOR to us working together (and reoccurring clients, please refer back to it occasionally as rates & policies may change over time). If you have any questions or concerns with these policies, please discuss them with me directly. I know the following may sound serious, however, I love what I do and prefer to get this policy stuff out of the way so I can arrive at your home with my full enthusiasm to immediately begin your project! :)
ORGANIZATION RATE IS CURRENTLY $75/HOUR
(NOTE: Rates subject to change without notice, though I do try to give notice!)
- 4 hour minimum per day, either am or pm.
- I typically schedule out 5-15 business days since scheduling out further can result in clients needing to reschedule. I may have openings due to schedule changes, so please don't hesitate to contact me for an earlier date you may desire.
- My hours are Monday-Friday 8am - 6pm. Rate is double time for evenings after 6:00 pm or weekends (which are not often available since I like spending time with my family!) :)
- Moves/projects where I am staying overnight is double time including expenses (mileage & gas if driving my vehicle, flight, parking, hotel if necessary, etc).
- If/when I bring on assistant organizers (whom are sub-contractors) for a project I will discuss with you the additional hourly rate. I will pay them directly and include "additional labor" as a line item on your invoice.
- Most of my clients are referrals so I don't meet with them prior to starting the organization of their home. However, if you prefer to meet me first we can schedule a 1 hour introduction at no charge. I consider any additional time the start of your organization project and charge my hourly rate.
- I bill for ALL client contact at my hourly rate... organization, errands, hauling, research, phone calls, emails, texting, setting up Pinterest boards, lengthy billing/receipt organization, drive time greater than 15 min, tolls, parking fees, parking tickets, etc. with the exception of contact for scheduling purposes. Even though it doesn't happen often... parking tickets are noted due to issues with parking particularly in San Francisco in metered spaces when trying to keep the project going. Always best if you can have a free parking space available for me or unmetered street parking so I can stay on task!
CONSULTING RATE IS CURRENTLY $250/HOUR
Available for those who prefer to "do it themselves" but need a few hours of inspiration!
Depending on the type of organization or design desired, this option includes...
- 5 hour minimum
- A home visit/tour with me asking a lot of questions (apx 1 hour)!
- Possible measurements (depending on the project)
- Possible casual plan/layout, Pinterest board and/or email with creative thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.
- This option is priced as it is since I download my professional knowledge directly to you! You get the idea! :)
RETAINER / INVOICE / PAYMENT POLICY
- You are welcome to pay for my services using...
- Check: Written out to "Julie Kubasta"
- PayPal.com: MyFamilyAssistant@gmail.com or Paypal.me/JulieKubasta/amount due here, no $ (use "Friends & Family" so no fees are applied since I do not pay those)
- Venmo.com/Julie-Kubasta: Or use "@JulieKubasta", JAKubasta@comcast.net or "415-819-9391"
- I may request a 50% retainer/prepayment prior to 5 days before start of project if the estimated hours are expected to exceed 12 hours. This can be done with Venmo or PayPal or personal check to be received prior to 48 hours before start of project.
- I may request a 50% retainer/prepayment prior to two weeks before start of project if the estimated hours are expected to exceed 3 days or more in the same week.
- I invoice frequently reoccuring clients on an end of project, monthly, 1st & 15th of the month, or on a weekly basis via email depending on the agreement.
- New or less frequent clients I may request a retainer or payment at the end of the day or end of the week with an invoice/receipt emailed to the client. We can discuss payment method prior to start of project.
- I usually make client purchases & returns on my business credit card and submit those as reimburseable expenses on the invoice. This seems to be most efficient for everyone. Receipts are scanned and added as an attachment in the email containing the invoice. I charge for this service on an hourly basis when beyond just a few receipts since it is financial management/bookkeeping for my client. It is critical that reimbursable expenses are managed accurately for both parties and it can be quite time consuming when working with a large number of receipts.
- Please add 5% late fee to payments received after 30 days of date of invoice.
RESCHEDULING / CANCELLATION POLICY
Due to clients frequently changing schedules due to life issues, I have had to implement a cancellation policy. Please understand that this is how I make my living and late cancellations effect my income.
- Cancellation prior to 4 business days before scheduled start time has no financial impact on the client. Please discuss cancellation policy directly with me regarding projects scheduled for 3 or more days in one week and/or with major projects or moves where dates are cancelled or shifted. I try to be as flexible as I can but more lead time is definitely needed when this occurs!.
- If cancellation is between 4 business days and 48 business hours before scheduled start time, client may reschedule with no cost or pay 50% cancellation fee for scheduled hours.
- If cancellation is within 24-48 hours of scheduled start time, client is responsible for 50% payment of scheduled hours.
- If client makes a time adjustment within 24 hours that is less time than originally scheduled, client is responsible for payment of the full amount of hours originally scheduled. Note: I can usually do client clean up/errands/research with that time so is is not lost by the client.
- I welcome clients to extend my hours of service, at the time of service, if my schedule permits. Keep in mind that organizing almost always takes longer than the client expects and I am very aware of not leaving a mess for a client at the end of the day (unless of course they want to continue to work on sorting & clean up after I leave for the day).
- Please note that when working with non-assistant organizing sub-contractors (ie painters, handymen, cleaning crews, day laborers, movers, etc.), I am not responsible for personal payment to them or for the quailty of their work.
- I am not responsible for any damage or losses, by me or any assistant organizer that I bring in, that occurs while working for a client. I am often handling some, if not all, of my clients personal items in their home at some point, so opportunity does exist. Over the many years, I have yet to have any occurrence of any even slightly significant damage or loss, however, there may be a first time!
- When organizing/managing a move, I do not insure your personal items, so please check your insurance carrier/policy for coverage details and/or purchase insurance for your belongs through your professional moving company (often required by moving companies so often included in your quote from them).
Let's get your home organized...